Thursday, October 28, 2010

Whoops!  My horribly flawed memory had a slight malfunction -  I forgot I had a blog almost - almost!
I have been on a unzipping blitz for the last four days and admit that I am now getting more of a feel of what my sorted scraps do and don't need.  It seems to me that a lot of elements are repeats of the same things namely flowers and epoxy! Flowers of all kinds - paper, beaded, ribbons, ceramic, felt - it seems flowers are popular scrapping items. Nothing against them personally, but I have enough of them now - ditto for butterflies, flairs, psp anything (honestly I really am done with those kind of elements, I almost crave real items - real buttons, real ribbons and real extractions. The artistic interpretations are best left to doodlers, as I can never have too many of them. I really enjoy designers who think outside the box when creating elements for themed kits. One of the goals I will have a designer is to be creative and constantly injecting personality and individuality into the design so my customer can tailor the layout to them specifically, through clever elements that allow maximum participation and interaction. I'm going to have a look around the shoppes and web to showcase some specialty elements and the designers here on the freebie fan club. It would be handy to know - especially if we can get some exclusive freebies for the blog to publish.  I am curious to hear about your freebie stashes - what folders are bulging?  What elements do you love receiving as freebies?  I love getting anything for my "specific date related" folder meaning date wheels, mini calenders, elements that you can show the date on the layout in an eye catching way.  
I also love anything memory keepsake related - camera elements, labels, cursive script minimal word art, neutral colours, journal spaces that are unique.. in fact, I have noticed that I am moving away from collecting glittery clustered items and now seek a cleaner, more sophisticated use of whitespace and a few themed elements to accent the story of the layout, rather than using elements to tell the story.  Posh indeed!

Running List of My Freebie Travels Tonight (list updates)

No comments: